from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A table supported by decorative consoles fixed to a wall.
- n. A small table, often with curved legs resembling consoles, designed to be set against a wall.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a table whose top is supported by two or more consoles instead of legs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A table which, instead of straight or nearly straight legs, has consoles or legs so curved as to resemble them, and is therefore usually set against the wall, from which it appears to project as a sort of bracket.
- n. More rarely, a table in which the top projects far beyond the logs, and seems to be supported by small consoles which spring from them.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small table fixed to a wall or designed to stand against a wall
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.