from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause constipation in.
- transitive v. To clog or make sluggish; obstruct.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause constipation in.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To crowd or cram into a narrow compass; to press together or condense.
- transitive v. To stop (a channel) by filling it, and preventing passage through it.
- transitive v. To render costive; to cause constipation in.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To crowd or cram into a narrow compass; thicken or condense.
- To stop by filling a passage; clog.
- To fill or crowd the intestinal canal of with fecal matter; make costive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. impede with a clog or as if with a clog
- v. cause to be constipated
Unless they are first ground or chopped very finely, larger more resistant materials like corn, Brussels sprouts, sunflower stalks, cabbage stumps, shrub prunings, etc. will "constipate" a top-loading, bottom-discharging composter.
Barb fretted and worried on those weekends, made special dinners that would help constipate her son, and tried to drum up a reason for her husband to run out of the house.
Now the same people who brought us 8 years of shame constipate the congress and attempt to prevent any good being accomplished even now.
Those large, juicy and damn near beautiful shrimp covered an a nice thick sauce and topped with enough cheese to constipate an elephant ….
I tried substituting plantains, to constipate the little monsters, but after a week on that diet their typing slowed so much I had to change back to fruit they could more easily pass.
Now all they want to do is constipate governance that in turn exacerbates the dire straight so many of our countrymen face.
If only he does not constipate his consciousness with limited identifications, with that which he is not.
If the Republicans do gain control the Democratis can constipate the process as the Republicans are now.
Heck, we were warned before our wedding vows that the word is "consecrate", not "constipate".
The children were adorably multiracial; high drama, in the context of the show, was when Jon took one of his sons into the back of their van and stuck his finger in his butt to de-constipate him.