from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun Any of a number of steel tubes, containing boron or other neutron absorber, that is inserted into the core of a nuclear reactor in order to control its rate of reaction

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a steel or aluminum rod that can be moved up or down to control the rate of the nuclear reaction


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.