from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Convex on one side and concave on the other.
- adjective Having greater curvature on the convex side than on the concave side. Used of a lens.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having a convex opposite to a concave surface; having a hollow or incurvation on one side corresponding to a convexity on the other: said of bodies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Convex on one side, and concave on the other. The curves of the convex and concave sides may be alike or may be different. See
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective convex on one side and concave on the other with the convexity being greater than the concavity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.