from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A sculptured basket of flowers or fruits used as an architectural ornament.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In fortification, a small basket or gabion, to be filled with earth and set upon a parapet, to shelter men from the fire of besiegers.
- noun In architecture and decorative art, an ornament in the form of a basket containing flowers, fruits, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Arch.), obsolete A sculptured basket of flowers; a corbel.
- noun (Fort.) Small gabions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
decorativebasket for the display of flowersor fruits.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French corbeille, from Late Latin corbicula, little basket, diminutive of Latin corbis, basket.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.