from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A horizontal row of corbels, with the panels or filling between them; also, less properly used to include the stringcourse on them.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A projecting course, a parapet, a tier of windows, an arcade, an entablature,or other architectural arrangement, which rests upon a series of corbels.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.