from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually small-scale industry carried on at home by family members using their own equipment.
- n. A small, loosely organized, yet flourishing complex of activity or industry: "The study of Gandhi has become a virtual cottage industry in the last 30 years, producing schools, museums, foundations and more than 400 biographies” ( Jean Strouse).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A job or occupation carried out at home or on a part-time basis.
- n. A small-scale industry, with relatively few employees or a limited customer base or low economic impact.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small-scale industry that can be carried on at home by family members using their own equipment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.