from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A split cotter inserted through holes in two or more pieces and bent at the ends to fasten the pieces together.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A split pin, the ends of which project through an object being fastened and are bent back to hold it in place

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a cotter consisting of a split pin that is secured (after passing through a hole) by splitting the ends apart


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.