from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Eurasian grass (Agropyron repens) that has whitish-yellow root stocks and has become a troublesome weed in the New World. Also called quack grass, witch grass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A species of grass, Elymus repens, usually considered a weed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See quitch grass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The popular name of Triticum repens, a species of grass which infests arable land as a troublesome weed.
- n. The stoloniferous variety of fiorin, Agrostis alba.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. European grass spreading rapidly by creeping rhizomes; naturalized in North America as a weed
Alteration of quitch grass.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From couch + grass. (Wiktionary)