from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A motion in dancing, when one leg is a little bent and raised from the floor, and with the other a forward motion is made.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A motion in dancing, when one leg is a little bent, and raised from the floor, and with the other a forward motion is made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In dancing, a movement which a dancer makes resting on one foot and passing the other forward or backward, making a sort of salutation. Also spelled coupé.
- To make a sort of bow or salutation in dancing.
- In heraldry, same as couped.
As a matter of fact there is only one portrait of him that counts, that has more than the merest chance of being authentic, the one in the Chronologie collee or coupee.
La fille coupee en deux (among many others) received few words of praise and, though I failed to see the first two, the latter pair are solid relationship dramas where nothing entirely unexpected occurs.