from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A small thin piece of glass used to cover a specimen on a microscope slide. Also called cover slip.
  • n. A protective sheet of glass for a transparency.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a small and very thin piece of glass used to cover the specimen on a microscope slide


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.