from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A tall perennial North American herb (Heracleum maximum) in the parsley family, having large compound leaves and compound umbels of small whitish flowers.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A wild umbelliferous plant of the genus Heracleum (which see).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Bot.) A coarse umbelliferous weed of the genus Heracleum (
Heracleum sphondyliumin England, and Heracleum lanatumin America).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Heracleum maximum, an
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun tall coarse plant having thick stems and cluster of white to purple flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.