from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of crepe.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as crape.
- n. Any of various crapelike fabrics, whether crinkled or not.
- n. A small thin pancake.
- n. Paper with a finely crinkle texture, usually sold in rolls of 2-3 inches width; crepe paper; -- it is usually colored brightly and used for decoration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Crape.
- n. a very thin, lustrous dress-silk.
- To curl; crimp; buckle; put up in curl-papers; frizz: as, to crêpe the hair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. paper with a crinkled texture; usually colored and used for decorations
- n. small very thin pancake
- v. cover or drape with crape
- n. a soft thin light fabric with a crinkled surface
Borrowing from French crêpe, from Latin crispus. (Wiktionary)