from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the crissum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the crissum.
- adj. Having highly colored under tail coverts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In ornithology: Having the under tail-coverts conspicuous in color: as, the crissal thrush.
- Of or pertaining to the crissum: as, the crissal region; a crissal feather.
The cactus wren and crissal thrasher build in the geographical centres of tree choyas, so protected by 500,000 spines that no hawk or owl can reach them.