from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To roughen on the surface.
  • n. A roughened surface, especially one on glass that clouds its transparency.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • To become wrinkled or rough on the surface, as glass, the skin, etc.
  • n. A roughness on the surface of glass which clouds its transparency. Also crizzel.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.