from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In mining: A passage driven for ventilation from the airway to the gangway, or from one breast through the pillar to the adjoining working.
- noun A roadway driven in the solid, or maintained through old workings, to intersect other haulage-roads diagonally or at right angles.
- noun A roadway driven at less inclination than directly to the rise of the seam.
- noun In printing, a subheading; a title set in the body of the printed matter at the beginning of a subdivision of the treatment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a heading of a subsection printed within the body of the text.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a heading of a subsection printed within the body of the text
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.