from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A soda-lime optical glass that is exceptionally hard and clear, with low refraction and low dispersion.
- noun A form of window glass made by whirling a glass bubble to make a flat circular disk with a lump left in the center by the glass blower's rod.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A good quality of common blown window-glass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a glass blown into a globe which is later flattened and spun to form a disk
- noun optical glass of low dispersion and low refractive index
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.