Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. Same as king-post.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In building, a post which stands upright between two principal rafters, and from which proceed struts or braces to the middle of each rafter. Also called kingpost, king's-piece, joggle-piece.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.