from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past tense and a past participle of curse.
- adj. Variant of cursed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Archaic spelling of cursed.
- v. Archaic spelling of cursed.; Simple past tense and past participle of curse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- imp. & p. p. of curse.
- adj. Froward; malignant; mischievous; malicious; snarling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Shrewish; waspish; vixenish; ill-tempered: applied to women.
- Ill-tempered; crabbed; cantankerous; peevish; snarling: applied to men.
- Vicious; fierce; dangerous.
- Detestable; execrable: used as an expletive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deserving a curse; sometimes used as an intensifier
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I do not think any of my people ever looked at their calling in this fashion, but Macready was a very honest man, and that and his "curst" temper (Shakespeare, you know) give me great sympathy for him.
Thus, a strange kind of curst necessity Brings down the sterling temper of his soul.
Her curst husband actually had the nerve to laugh.
She swung the sword at him, praying she could actually use the curst thing.
But alas, we are at the far north end of NJ-and our younger daughter has the thrice curst SATs on Saturday.
Ah, woe for him! whose fortune was e'er so curst as his?
Without the will of heaven none is blest, none curst, I do maintain; nor doth the same house for ever tread the path of bliss; for one kind of fortune follows hard upon another; one man it brings to naught from his high estate, another though of no account it crowns with happiness.
How curst the sight of Troy to thee! how sad the blow that closed thy life!
O SUN-GOD, who cleavest thy way along the starry sky, mounted on golden-studded car, rolling on thy path of flame behind fleet coursers, how curst the beam thou didst shed on Thebes, the day that
I made the pie last weekend and nearly had a pie curst malfunction.