from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Baseball Any of several pitches that veer to the left when thrown with the right hand and to the right when thrown with the left hand.
- noun Slang Something that is unexpected or designed to trick or deceive.
- idiom (pitch/throw) To mislead; deceive.
- idiom (pitch/throw) To cause to be surprised, especially unpleasantly so.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.