from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In bookbinding: The cut made by a bookbinders' knife on a book lying on or against a board, in contradistinction to a cut made on a book in the middle of a pile of other books
  • n. The piece of wood which receives the edge of the knife.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.