from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hall used for business, political or social assemblies, such as a magistrate's court, or a building housing public agencies, such as a Secretariat.
- n. A musical performance or style.
- n. A military division or large brigade.
- n. A spice, such as Indonesian kentjoer; or kitchery - an Indian dish of rice boiled with split pulse, onions, eggs, butter, and condiments; also, in European cookery, a dish made of cold fish, boiled rice, eggs, and condiments, served hot (kedgeree).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hindu hall of justice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In British India, a court of justice or a collector's or any public office.
Close up the gates of the cutchery, that none escape; and ye officers of justice, be ready to answer as your names are called. "
"The Resident now leaves Sekunderpoor to proceed to Nurgurah, the head cutchery of the purgunnah.