from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, sport, or technique of riding or racing on a bicycle, motorcycle, or similar vehicle.
- adj. Relating to or used in cycling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of cycle.
- n. The sport of riding and racing cycles, especially bicycles.
- n. Any cyclic action or process
- adj. That undergoes a cyclic motion or process
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act, art, or practice, of riding a cycle, esp. a bicycle or tricycle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sport of traveling on a bicycle or motorcycle
Sorry, no etymologies found.
LVG: The mental game in cycling is very important.
Mountain cycling is the best way to traverse Michoacán, exploring totally hidden routes, crossing farm fields, steep mountains and tree-filled ranges, experiencing the range of climatic changes from the forest cold to the heat of the Tierra Caliente and the tropical warmth of the coast.
The women's field in cycling is much deeper, and they only have two or three spots every Olympics.
Giro organizers announced Tuesday that they want this year's race to be the most controlled event in cycling history, with 520 total tests planned up from the 340 blood tests and 141 urine exams last year.
I think it's because cycling is still seen as "alternative" or "weird".
And, of course, the slick, certain cycling that made the gun famous in the first place.
AIGLE, Switzerland (AP) Alejandro Valverde took top spot in cycling's world rankings Monday as he waits for a court ruling that could ban him from racing worldwide for doping.
They are not 100% reliable in cycling under some conditions.
Austrian cyclist Christof Kerschbaum will be the first athlete to go on trial since selling doping products became a criminal offense in ... cycling | Comment | Recommend
Vinokourov won the 258-kilometer (160-mile) race, the oldest and one of the most prestigious classics in cycling, in 6 hours 37.48 minutes, holding a six-second gap over Kolobnev.