from The Century Dictionary.
- Relating to or of the nature of cycloplegia.
- noun An agent, such as atropine, which causes paralysis of the ciliary muscle.
- noun A person suffering from cycloplegia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, relating to, or causing
- noun One who is afflicted with cycloplegia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Pre - Surgical Guidance Utilize a cycloplegic refraction when recalculating the 1. spherical equivalent for the steep axis incision placement On corneas where the pachymetry reading is > 500µ in the 2. center of the 3mm zone, use the next thicker size on the Nomogram Patients with large dilated pupil diameters (> 7mm) may be 3. predisposed to low light visual symptoms (such as glare and halos) post operatively and should be appropriately advised.
The stronger the inflammatory reaction, the more frequently applied or stronger the cycloplegic.
Re-refract (cycloplegic) b) Verify steep refractive axis within 20° of topographic axis c) Default to topographic Max K (steep axis) d) In PMD, the steep axis will typically present across the top of the "crab claw" or "kissing dove" topographic image.