from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to cyclotomy
- adj. of, or relating to the complex roots of unity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geometry, pertaining to the theory of the division of the circumference of a circle into aliquot parts.
- Relating to or of the nature of cyclotomy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
For the four volume restricted to the 24-cell the bounding space is then given by the quotient space SO (3)/I, where I is the binary icosahedral group given by the cyclotomic field on F_9.
- Presents a number of applications of Galois theory, including symmetric functions, finite fields, cyclotomic fields, algebraic number fields, solvability of equations by radicals, and the impossibility of solution of the three geometric problems of Greek antiquity.