from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. surgical removal of the ciliary muscle; cyclicotomy
- n. the historical problems of dividing the circle into a given number of equal segments, and of constructing regular polygons
- n. the analytical extraction of the complex roots of unity; a de Moivre number
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, operation for division of the ciliary muscle, practised to relieve tension in glaucoma.
- n. In mathematics, the theory of the partition of the circle.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Walker's hyposcleral cyclotomy; posterior sclerotomy; T-shaped sclerotomy; and last but not least the Lagrange form of sclerectomy with its various modifications by Brooksbank James, myself and others.
Difference systems of sets and cyclotomy, Discrete Math.,