from The Century Dictionary.
- Carplike; cyprine; pertaining to or having the characters of the Cyprinoidea.
- noun A carp or carp-like fish; a fish of cyprinoid character; one of the Cyprinoidea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Like the carp (Cyprinus).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, pertaining to, or resembling fish of the order
Cypriniformes- carps, minnowsand loaches.
- noun A fish of that order.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to members of fish family Cyprinidae
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The temperature of the principal spring is 75 degrees; it contains abundance of fish -- a loach and cyprinoid.