from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun An engraver of finger-rings, or of fine stones such as those used for rings. Also dactylioglyphist.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun An engraver of gems for rings and other ornaments.
  • noun The inscription of the engraver's name on a finger ring or gem.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.