from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A garland or chain made of linked daisies.
- noun A series of connected events, activities, or things, likened to a garland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
garlandcreated from the daisies (the flowers).
- noun computer engineering A
buswiring schemein which a seriesof devices are connected in sequence, A to B, B to C, C to D, etc.
- noun electrical engineering Placing
severalelectrical or electronic devices in parallelby either their power connections or their dataconnections or both.
- noun A series of
synthesizers, samplers, sequencers, or various other MIDIdevices connected to one another in a chain via MIDI cables
- noun rock climbing A ladder made from nylon tape, originally made by chaining together several loops of nylon tape.
- noun A large
nylonloop sewn together at intervalsalong the midlength, used to deceleratea falling climber.
backpackingA small strip of webbing with multiple loops, which allows the backpacker to secure many different types of objects to the exterior of the pack.
- noun Any
seriesof complicated relationshipsin which, over time, people have had different partners who have themselves had other partners within the same group of people.
- noun sexuality A
group sexformation involving multiple partners, with the participantslying in a circle, putting their mouthto the genitalsof the next person.
- verb electronics To
connecta networkin sequence from one node to another through the connected devices.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun flower chain consisting of a string of daisies linked by their stems; worn by students on class day at some schools
- noun (figurative) a series of associated things or people or experiences
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.