from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A very large conventional bomb delivered by aircraft and designed to explode a short distance above the ground, with the blast damage concentrated at ground level in a radius extending for hundreds of feet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun baseball, slang, dated, 1800s A well-struck
- noun cricket A ball that bounces more than once before reaching the
- noun slang The BLU-82
bomb, for its ability to flatten a forest into a helicopter landing zone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a bomb with only 10 to 20 per cent explosive and the remainder consisting of casings designed to break into many small high-velocity fragments; most effective against troops and vehicles
- noun a batted or served ball that skims along close to the ground
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.