from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several Eurasian shrubs of the genus Daphne often cultivated for their glossy evergreen foliage and clusters of small, bell-shaped flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any one of least 50 species of shrub of the Thymelaeaceae family, some of which are grown as ornamentals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of diminutive Shrubs, mostly evergreen, and with fragrant blossoms.
- n. A nymph of Diana, fabled to have been changed into a laurel tree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. in botany, a genus of small erect or trailing shrubs of the natural order Thymeleaceœ, including about 40 species of the temperate regions of Europe and Asia.
- n. A plant of this genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several ornamental shrubs with shiny mostly evergreen leaves and clusters of small bell-shaped flowers
- n. (Greek mythology) a nymph who was transformed into a laurel tree to escape the amorous Apollo
"Oh, come here!" said Ellen, pulling him toward the flowerstand, – "and tell me what this daphne is like – you need not see that, only smell it, that's enough; – do John, and tell me what it is like!"
I mean wtf. .daphne is supposed to be hot. .this one looks okay but she’s either fat or pregnant in her 4rth month which looks nothing like the athletic daphne we know.
You can easily find a good characterizing of daphne from the scoopy doo movies that sarah meshal geller played. .now that’s how the character should be.
“… You can easily find a good characterizing of daphne from the scoopy doo movies that sarah meshal geller played. .now that’s how the character should be …”
WHAT: Variegated winter daphne, also known as daphne odora aureomarginata, is a fragrant evergreen shrub that releases a sweet scent into the air in March and April.
We need to enforce the territorial integrity of the law and require everyone who wants to come here to go through the legally correct process. daphne
From somewhere to my left the smell of daphne was lifted on the breeze.
I did catch the end of the daphne season and woke each morning to the glorious scent.
To Jules -- our most fragrant daphne shrubs are blooming as we speak -- a winter bloomer with the most gorgeous perfume ever -- it lifts my heart in winter while waiting for the Spring lift -- and I hope it will lift your heart when u may be grieving.
No—But as fast as I could name the flowers, the scent grew past them and encompassed others, sweet and sharp, so different and so strong my mind was painted now with scattered pinks, now with blood-black roses and with white daphne.