from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A room in which photographic materials are processed, either in complete darkness or with a safelight.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A dark room, where photographs are developed.
  • noun A darkened room where sexual activity can take place, especially one in a gay club.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a room in which photographs are developed


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.