from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An electronic device that provides an interface in the transmission of data to a remote station.
- n. A collection of related data records on a storage device.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a file of related records on a computer-readable medium such as disk, especially one on a mainframe computer; a dataset
- n. a modem (that connects a device such as a teletype to an ordinary telephone)
- n. A set of data to be analyzed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.