from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A group of employees working during the day in a factory or business.
- noun The period of time for such work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Regularly scheduled work during daylight hours, especially 8AM to 4PM.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun workers who work during the day (as 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- noun the work shift during the day (as 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.