from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb & adjective According to law; by right.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun By right; according to law. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- By right; of right; by law; -- often opposed to
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective By
right, in accordancewith the law, legally.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective by right; according to law
- adverb by law; conforming to the law
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin dē iūre : dē, from + iūre, ablative of iūs, law.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin "according to law".
Sorry, no example sentences found.