from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. The rough edge of handmade paper formed in a deckle. Also called featheredge.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • The rough, untrimmed edge of paper left by the deckle; also, a rough edge in imitation of this.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. Same as deckle .

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. rough edge left by a deckle on handmade paper or produced artificially on machine-made paper


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.