from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bent downward or aside.
- adj. Bending downward in a curve; declined.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bent downward or aside; (Bot.) bending downward in a curve; declined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, bending or bent downward; declining: applied to stamens when they are thrown to one side of a flower, as in Amaryllis; also applied to mosses. Also declined and declinous.
- In zoology, declined; bending or sloping downward; declivous: opposed to acclinate.
Latin declinatus, past participle of declino ("I decline"). (Wiktionary)
Et dixit, Ecce, nunc domini mei, declinate obsecro ad domum servi vestri, et pernoctate, et lavate pedes vestros: et mane surgetis, et pergetis in viam vestram.