from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to declination; characterized by declining; intimating refusal.
- noun Same as
- noun An excuse or plea for declining.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Containing or involving a declination or refusal, as of submission to a charge or sentence.
- adjective (O. Eng. Law) the plea of sanctuary or of benefit of clergy, before trial or conviction; -- now abolished.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Containing or involving a
declinationor refusal, as of submissionto a chargeor sentence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin declinatorius, from Latin declinare: compare French déclinatoire.
Vergennes,) was ignorant of the part, that the Imperial Courts would take upon their declinatory answer.