from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The abatement of a fever.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Abatement of heat; the state of growing cool; coolness; lukewarmness.
- noun In pathology, abatement or decrease of fever or feverish symptoms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A subsiding from a state of ebullition; loss of heat; lukewarmness.
- noun (Med.) The subsidence of a febrile process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
departureor subsidingof a fever.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun abatement of a fever as indicated by a reduction in body temperature
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Exanthem subitum typically occurs between 6 months and 2 years of age and is characterized by an abrupt rise in temperature, often to approximately 40°C, followed several days later by a rapid defervescence that coincides with the emergence of an erythematous maculopapular rash that can persist for several days.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.