from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To extract the gluten from (wheat flour, for example).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To loosen or separate by dissolving the glue which unites; to unglue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loosen or separate by dissolving the glue which unties; to unglue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To unglue; loosen or separate by or as if by ungluing.
- To deprive of gluten; extract the gluten from.
Latin dēglūtināre, dēglūtināt- : dē-, de- + glūten, glutin-, glue.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin deglutinatus, past participle of deglutinare to deglutinate; de- + glutinare to glue, gluten glue. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.