from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A substance, such as sulfuric acid, that removes water.
  • noun An appliance or an engineered system designed to remove water from substances such as absorbents or food.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun chemistry A drying agent
  • noun A device that removes water from a material


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.