from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A light lance; a short spear.
- n. One who carries a demilance; a demilancer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A light lance; a short spear; a half pike; also, a demilancer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A short and light spear introduced in the sixteenth century.
- n. A lightly armed horseman, especially one armed with a demi-lance.
- n. The armor worn by such a horseman, consisting of open helmet, breast- and back-pieces, usually fitted with pauldrons, tassets, and, rarely, brassarts or demi-brassarts.
- n. Also formerly dimilance.
demi- + lance (Wiktionary)