from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An incinerator for refuse.
- n. An explosive, usually remote-controlled device for effecting a destruct.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who destructs.
- n. In object-oriented programming, the command sequence that is launched when the execution of an object is finished.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A destroyer.
- n. A furnace or oven for the burning or carbonizing of refuse.
- n. in object-oriented programming, a function which destroys an object which was previously created by a different function.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A destroyer; a consumer.
- n. Specifically, a furnace or crematory for the burning of refuse.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
They eat the stem, which thus becomes weak, and breaks; but are checked by another insect, called the destructor, otherwise whole crops of wheat would be annihilated.
Best Week Ever - You know that scene in Ghostbusters when Gozer tells the guys to choose their "destructor" and then Venkman tells them to clear their minds but Ray accidentally thinks about the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Gozer becomes a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man?
One note to take care of: I also always create an internal "destructor", and attach a
It intercepts the entersub opcode and uses the save stack for storage and to trigger a 'destructor' call to end the timing when the subroutine is exited by any means.
"destructor" mine design was so successful, that it is still in use, using more modern electronics, as the Mk 62 mine.
We've discovered that another hive is afflicted with a parasitic mite with the terrifying name Varroa destructor Next week we plan to treat them with formic acid, an organic chemical control.
I CANNOT BELIEVE obama's people keep attacking clinton, accusing her of being a racist, of being a destructor etc etc. they've got their nomination, they got what they wanted. are they trying to make us vote for mccain?!?!?!? it is UNBELIEVABLE. clinton isnt dividing the democrats. its the obama people insulting clinton, our gal. and in case you hadnt noticed, we dont forget those who mess with the clintons.
He also rebuilt the Earth II after the Vogon destructor fleet left.
In the money quote, Mark Green, a consultant for family firms, says that, managed poorly, “growth is a great destructor of business.”
Calling delete on a polymorphic class without a virtual destructor.