from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of differentiate.
- adj. That has taken on a specialized form and function
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. made different (especially in the course of development) or shown to be different. Opposite of
- adj. exhibiting biological specialization; adapted during development to a specific function or environment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exhibiting biological specialization; adapted during development to a specific function or environment
- adj. made different (especially in the course of development) or shown to be different
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The people in the various communities self identified and stuck to their tribes use of the term differentiated by delimiter.
Our work with companies in many sectors shows that the answer involves adopting what we call differentiated IT governance: integrating IT with the business area it supports and matching the management of IT to the management of the business.
Progressives are to be differentiated from the libertarian in revolt, which is the traditional, temporary leftist.
Each indoor pool in the pictures below has its own personality and can be easily differentiated from the rest.
Truly, they were more widely differentiated from the men under them than were the men under them differentiated from Hottentots -- ay, and from monkeys.
Art 1, Sec 7, Para 2 continues “If after such Reconsideration ...” as an indication of a specific action and a specific situation differentiated from the initial “Every Bill ...”
It is only with the flash that the filling is even differentiated from the base and topping -- and then it is a more striking difference than what you would see in person.
But Vista presents a curious dilemma: XP was better differentiated from the Mac, but by making Vista more Mac-like, Microsoft has lost much of its product differentiation.
The general “calling” or decision to serve in career missions work perhaps needs to be differentiated from the specific “calling” to a certain country or people group.
The zerg have Zerglings and Hydralisks and the Terran have the reverse order Marine/Firebat and interestingly enough the firebat is kinda different again in that it employs a splash damage type attack, so that's another way they are differentiated from the other races.