from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. An instrument used for double writing, as one for producing embossed writing for the blind and ordinary writing at the same time.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A Swiss writing-apparatus for the use of the blind, consisting of lettered disks with mechanism to rotate them and to bring any letter desired in position to imprint it on a sheet of paper placed in the machine. It is practically a clumsy form of the type-writer.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.