from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a flat, circular form; disk-shaped.
- adj. Related to or having a disk.
- adj. Botany Having disk flowers only. Used of a composite flower head.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or shaped like a disc / disk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the form of a disk, as those univalve shells which have the whorls in one plane, so as to form a disk, as the pearly nautilus.
- n. Anything having the form of a discus or disk; particularly, a discoid shell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form of a disk; pertaining to a disk.
- Also discoidal.
- n. Something in the form of a disk or quoit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a flat circular shape
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"He had a form of skin lupus, called discoid lupus, which affects about 40 percent of the patients with lupus," Lahita said, adding that this condition can lead to depigmentation of the skin, among other things.
And yet, while there are some common themes within the "random" mix that have been witnessed many times over the past 150+ years such as discoid objects, spheres [both metallic and illumined], and more recently large black triangles [plus "humanoid" varieties of entities], etcetera, can we suppose these more common "display patterns" to be the "signal within the noise"?
The biggest surprise here is "My Girls", a sisterly discoid delight attributed to feminist electropunks Le Tigre, closely followed by "Bobblehead", a diss track co-authored by Santigold.
That is because I had been put on long-term disability by my employer, with fibromyalgia, systemic lupus, discoid lupus, chronic fatigue, high blood pressure, elevated sugar factor, etc.
Then she came back and told me I had discoid lupus.
Ahead and to the individualistic I now kneeled a convenient valley comprising sunsetter awning problems of pop up camper awnings, and covered with a secondhand growth of discoid grass poorer than my head.
About 10 percent of all cases of discoid lupus will develop into a mild form of SLE.
Hair Loss: Your physician will examine the scalp for signs of hair loss or scarring from a discoid rash.
However, about 10 percent of all patients with discoid lupus will eventually go on to develop SLE.
Drugs used for the treatment of malaria have been found to be extremely effective in treating rashes related to SLE, including discoid lupus as well as mouth ulcers, arthritis, and other symptoms.