from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • transitive v. To defrock.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • v. To remove from status as a member of a clergy; to unfrock.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • transitive v. To unfrock.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • To unfrock or deprive of the clerical office or character.


dis- +‎ frock (Wiktionary)


  • 'If you say that again, I shall write to the Pope and ask him to disfrock you.'

    Grey Roses


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.