from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who, or that which, dissolves or dissipates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, has power to dissolve or dissipate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which dissolves, or has the power of dissolving, in any sense of that word.
- n. In paper-making and other industries, a machine for dissolving, purifying, freeing from acids, and otherwise treating salts, chemicals, clays, colors, and paper pulp in water or other liquids.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a liquid substance capable of dissolving other substances
I, Fenris Badwulf, dependable Satrap and dissolver of problems, wrote this.
You've got this great illustration, a debt dissolver on how to tackle this.
You've got this really great sort of illustration, a debt dissolver, on how to kind of tackle this.
Melanie, a late-comer to traditional morality (and still 'open-minded' on to abortion, torture, nukes not to mention that dissolver of the instituion of marriage, contraception (which she recommends) etc.) really should practice the virtue of humility.
There's a somewhat shady treatment called mesotherapy which involves an injection of something called phosphatidylcholine, a purported fat-dissolver.
Do I dislike Cillit Bang the fat dissolver, because it's bad for the environment?
Commercial-free space, pollution dissolver and spam killers are priced at anything between 2 and 20 Euros.
But recurrent episodes of Carterism -- sentimentality about "dialogue" as the dissolver of differences, leavened by vanity about the power of one's personality -- waste time, which we are running short of.
Its stock closed 2005 at $8.11 and has nearly doubled in the past week of trading, after announcing on Jan. 5 a $385 million deal with Bayer to commercialize its blood clot dissolver, alfimeprase, outside of the United States.
Com a derrocada generalizada dos regimes vermelhos, os espartilhos artísticos têm-se desfeito, e até mesmo na China, que é de não esquecer que continua a ser a China Vermelha em algo mais do que nome, as restrições à práctica artística estão a dissolver-se.