from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of sleeping or becoming dormant by day.
- n. continuance during the day
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Continuance during the day.
- n. The condition of sleeping or becoming dormant by day, as is the case of the bats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quiescent or somnolent state of some animals, as the bat, during the day, as contrasted with their activity at night.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.