from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A flap that can be extended on an aircraft to increase drag and reduce the speed of descent.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a small parachute or articulated flap to reduce the speed of an aircraft


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.